Monday, October 12, 2015

Sliding from text to full-blown reality

(Subject: the first second of the LIP syndrome, and how to skip-it...)

Here's the thing,

- Text allows us to be smart, playful, and distills the best in us.
- Live, In Person (LIP), however, is a different story, it is all of you, and all of me (for the sake of this post)

No undos, no total control of what you are, 

Also, imagination is a powerful deceiver , we weave letters and words and give them form, shape, smell, movement and rhythm, we hear the sound of the person on the other side, etc.

And man, the clash between this and any reality can be brutal. right?

Right, but it doesn't have to.

The thing that produced these images exists.

The one in front of you produced the words, your mind produced the rest, it is all there.

So far the poetic part.

---

Now for what I do....

(meditate with me...)

I take all the softness/ sharpness/ tenderness/ flow the words arrived with and consciously give them form...

I throw the form of a lovely lady my mind has generated, and replace it by...

the form of an old man in unwashed clothes and alcohol breath. (example)


Now I step back (ooh, the things your mind can do...) and see if I want to talk to this creature, if I would welcome an exchange, spending an hour to link to the thing that generated the texts I connected to.

If yes, easy-peasy (lemon squeezy?) - no image can disappoint me, and I am ready for the soft transformation of text to a fuller being with no landing-shock, no disappointment-in-first-sight.

And If not?
hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? questions? (don't be shy...)